Accredi helps markets work better by providing internationally recognised accreditation services that create economic benefit.
Accreditation has many flow-on benefits throughout the market chain for business, regulators and government by:
- reducing compliance and transaction costs,
- reducing risk,
- streamlining operations,
- breaking down barriers to trade, which provides greater access to foreign markets,
- providing assurance that goods and services sold are safe and can be used for their intended purpose.
Accreditation adds value to the ever growing and increasingly complicated market chain in many ways, including by providing a symbol of assurance that certifiers and inspectors are independent and competent to perform their duties.
Accredited certification and inspection of products, processes and people-called conformity assessment-has a ripple effect through the market chain, right to the consumer. It gives consumers confidence that their purchases meet specified standards and are quality assured. This includes retailers, wholesalers and individual consumers.
We do not certify or inspect organisations, products or people; rather, we accredit the bodies that do. We do so by developing the assessment criteria certifiers and inspectors must meet to become accredited under these themes:
- business and innovation
- health and human services
- product certification
- food and biological systems
Accreditation is a symbol of assurance-a valuable asset in itself. The Accredi symbol is a mark of quality and reliability. It flags that a certifier or inspector can be counted on to impartially determine if organisations, products and people conform to specified requirements. This gives certifiers, inspectors and their client organisations a competitive edge.
Our core values based on integrity and trust, professionalism, creating value through people and client focus define who we are as an organisation, they act as a compass at the core of our culture and guide our interactions and influence our decision making. Most importantly they guide how we work with each other and the way we serve our clients.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
- Maintaining an ethical organisation that engenders trust and understanding in all stakeholders
- Operating and communicating in a transparent manner.
- Practicing good corporate governance and meeting all statutory requirements
- Ensuring highly professional personnel and services.
CREATING VALUE THROUGH OUR PEOPLE
- Providing professional development
- Encouraging innovation
- Encouraging teamwork
- Recognising the significant contributions of our staff and volunteers.
- Recognising our treaty obligations to the community
- Adhearing to the technical obligations of our mutual recognition arrangements
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our stakeholders
- Implementing an effective communication strategy
- Adding value to clients’ operations.
OUR MISSION, VISION AND GOALS
Accredi will be the accreditation body of choice nationally, regionally and internationally.
Integrity and Confidence: maintain a Accredi gives users all arount the World confidence that goods and services certified by accredited bodies meet established standards.
Trade Support: obtain and maintain acceptance by Worlds trading partners for domestic management systems and exported goods and services.
Linkages: create links to relevant bodies that establish or recognise standards for goods and services or that provide conformity assessment.
International Acceptance: obtain mutual recognition and acceptance of conformity assessment with relevant bodies in other countries.